[TYPO3-core] Election of the core team leader for TYPO3 CMS

ben van 't ende ben.vantende at typo3.org
Wed Aug 14 19:07:15 CEST 2013

Hello Folks,

Like with the election of the Release Manager for TYPO3 CMS and the election for
the Board, the BCC and the EAB we would like to also officially elect the core
team leader. Currently Oliver Hader is core team leader and has been since the
beginning of 2010. Oliver would like to continue his job as core team leader,
but would also like to open the opportunity for new, fresh and enthusiastic
leaders. Therefore I would like to call on each and everyone of you to put
yourself forward as leader of the TYPO3 CMS core team.

It should not surprise you that required skills for being a leader of the core
team are:

1. organizational talent,
2. communication skills,
3. leadership / moderation skills.

Your future job description can be found here:

    http://typo3.org/teams/core-development-team/roles-groups/

The Leadership Code of Conduct for the TYPO3 project best describes what is
expected from the Core Team Leader:

    http://typo3.org/community/leadership-code-of-conduct/

You can either react to this post (in public) or mail me privately if you would
want to add some background or other info.

After 7 days a non-public email gets sent to each active contributor that he/she
has time to vote for a leader. This will be done via Doodle or Google
Questionnaire. Every active contributor has 1 vote max, can also vote with no
vote. The future leader needs to have at least the simple majority (50%) or, if
multiple people propose for the job, the one with the most votes.

Regards Ben
--
TYPO3 Community Manager