[TYPO3-core] Pushing to Gerrit correctly

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 15:55:47 CEST 2013

Hi!

Markus Klein wrote:
> No problem at all, if the majority likes to have topics. Please adopt/revert the Wiki-Changes then.
> Personally I find it handy to save one step of entering the forge number again on push. (It suffices to CTRL-R, p, u,<enter>) But as usual: a matter of taste.

Well, it is a big change because it is a protocol change. We discussed a
lot when introducing that format for Gerrit. It should not change silently,
without announcement. What if tomorrow I want to change the format of the
commit message? Can I just go and edit the wiki to do that? ;) Probably, not :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 CMS core & security teams member