[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 CMS Core Team Restructuring
info at cybercraft.de
Mon Apr 8 17:59:52 CEST 2013
Am 08.04.2013 17:06, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Benjamin Mack wrote:
>> could you elaborate a bit more.
> What are exact criteria for being a core team member?
> When does the process start?
> When does the process end?
The criteria, that separates the core team member from the active
* is a developer
* is an Active Contributor, knows the code and the product for a long time
* “plans the product” - has a vision for the future of the product
* is an expert in certain areas where he/she can take decisions on his
* gets invited by the CMS Team Leader
* has a defined job (field of responsibility)
* needs to regularly join the Team meetings
* supports Active Contributors and other Team Members in case of questions
* every Team Member may have only one active “extra role” (see following
roles) at a time
So AFAICS you start being a core team member after the restructuring by
either already being a core team member or being invited by the CMS Team
Leader and getting a defined job.
And this is how you will stop being a core team member:
* An active contributor will degrade back to the contributor status if
not having shown any substantial activity (gerrit activity / made a
patch / made a review / issue commenting for the CMS Core) in the last 6
* In case of inactivity, members will fall back to regular contributors
status - since team members are active contributors as well
For me this is quite clearly: Be active and reliable or step back!
Just my 2 cents
Wenn man keine Ahnung hat: Einfach mal Fresse halten!
(If you have no clues: simply shut your gob sometimes!)
Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
TYPO3 cookbook (2nd edition): http://www.typo3experts.com
More information about the TYPO3-team-core