[TYPO3-core] Strategy for deprecation log

Peter Niederlag peter.niederlag at typo3.org
Wed Apr 3 10:35:59 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 03.04.2013 09:42, Markus Klein wrote:
> Hi!
[...]
>> I would like to have some more informations with the pure entry:
>> last occurence,
>> first occurence,
>> number of occurences
>
> Just out of curiosity: Why do you need that information?
> In my experience, all I ever needed was:
> - Which deprecated methods is called
> - Where is it called

+1

> I'm not interested in the timing. Starting with an empty deprecation log file each entry is "current" and uses deprecated API, hence has to be fixed.

Until now I also thougth the time of last occurance would be relevant.
Thinking about it in once again timing information really is not relevant.

- keeps deprecation log as simple as can be to have the least impact on
performance

The dev/admin is responsible to check/reset deprecation log frequently.

Greets,
Peter