[TYPO3-core] Strategy for deprecation log

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Apr 2 17:18:34 CEST 2013

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Müller wrote:

> I am about to reanimate the whole logging epic. But to be honest ATM I
> am rather disappointed by the feedback I have received so far (except
> from SteffenG). It seems there's not much interest in (working on) this
> topic.

I am sorry for the low feedback. I really hope we can revive the whole topic
for 6.2 again.

Some things to consider:

a) Check the state of the documentation, e.g. prepare a chapter for the core
API like Christian Kuhn did for the caching framework.
b) Prepare some patches for the more simple areas to replace current code
and to serve as example. Doing small steps will ease reviews and attract
other contributors
c) Prepare a code sprint for the logging topic (t3dd?). Get in touch with
the core leaders or the release manager if you need help/location, etc
d) Maybe join the skype chat (for active contributors) to discuss
strategies, Core list discussions are always welcome too (to get broader
feedback)
e) Poke some people (rather effective) =D

Christians work on the Bootstrap and Install tool should help to set a good
foundation to integrate flexible settings.

Always keep in mind that there is only a hand full of active core team
member who merge patches. Thus it takes a lot of time to integrate new
features or bigger changes.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!