[TYPO3-core] Strategy for deprecation log

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Tue Apr 2 11:29:34 CEST 2013

Hi Markus,

> Still, I'm against using the database for this "feature".
>
> It would be really interesting to have some numbers, how "bad" my
> patch really is in terms of performance. And please remember,
> deprecation log is for DEVOLPMENT only! Please keep things as simple
> as possible and don't invest too much time into this. "KISS"

Remember, the deprecation log is turned on by default. If you want to
add unique filtering, then it should not happen at parse time.

> Introducing another dependency like the scheduler is also not my
> favorite. Usually I don't have any scheduler cronjob running on dev
> machines.

The scheduler wouldn't be a dependency for having deprecation logs. It
is only a dependency if you want to have them cleaned up. I don't see a
problem here.

Greetings, Michael