[TYPO3-core] Change CGL for inline comments?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Sep 24 07:39:52 CEST 2012

Hi,

> We all agreed that we should go that way and change the CGLs
>
> Any major downsides to do so?

I got used to it and like it (visually) for many cases but I must agree
that it annoys me as well for instance for one-line code within a code
block and I got the habit NOT to indent for type hinting as I don't
consider them "comments".

Anyway, you get my +1 for this change and we should define whether we
allow the lack of indent to be backported to older branches. The
argument of "ease" the backport has no point here as we have to rewrite
the patch anyway due to namespaces in 6.0.

I'd personally be in favour of keeping the extra indent in older
branches to try to keep some "consistency" in older branches and as they
won't be maintained very much long either.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6