[TYPO3-core] Official information about the upcoming LTS version

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Sep 20 10:39:10 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 20-9-2012 10:31, Oliver Hader wrote:
> Anyway, getting back to the topic - I think we agree on having another
> LTS version which will/might be TYPO3 6.2.

Do we agree on that? I haven't heard a good argument for having another
LTS version. As pointed out in this thread there were two arguments for
4.5 LTS and the LTS has been advertised by agencies for another reason
(no major/minor upgrades needed for a long period).

Since there is no actual need (there is a demand obviously, but no need
IMO) it will only be a burden on the maintenance.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!