[TYPO3-core] Thoughts about current core

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Wed Sep 12 11:06:03 CEST 2012

Hey,

On 09/12/2012 09:23 AM, Georg Ringer wrote:
> Am 12.09.2012 09:09, schrieb Christian Kuhn:
>> I think naming is *much* better now. I'm already getting used to it. I'm
>> sure that we will communicate a lot in this area to show people the
>> advantages and ease of use of this approach.
>
> yeah of course it is especially helpful for all new guys to TYPO3. the
> old ones with 10 years t3lib experience are the poor ones ;)

^^ Isn't learning new stuff always fun?

Seriously: At the moment the 'new' class name is mentioned in the 'old'
files, but there are not many other helpers.

We discussed that recently and would like to see a hint in the new
classes to mention the old name as well. So you open
typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Imaging/GraphicalFunctions.php and see "oh,
that was t3lib/class.t3lib_stdgraphic.php" before.

Furthermore we had the idea to have a file with a map of all old to new
class names, this could ease the transition phase as well. This actually
exists already with the ext:core/Migrations file, but a different file
could be more accessible. Furthermore, the migration files needs to be
split up and adapted anyway to give other extensions a solution to ship
an own mapping file.

Regards
Christian