[TYPO3-core] Thoughts about current core

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Wed Sep 12 09:23:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

thanks for your mail.

Am 12.09.2012 09:09, schrieb Christian Kuhn:
> I think naming is *much* better now. I'm already getting used to it. I'm
> sure that we will communicate a lot in this area to show people the
> advantages and ease of use of this approach.

yeah of course it is especially helpful for all new guys to TYPO3. the
old ones with 10 years t3lib experience are the poor ones ;)

> Yes. We still need much more communication on the whole thing. A lot
> pieces of information are already there, but it is not encapsulated very
> well at central points, or cluttered in different news.

+1

> I personally still had no time to test more of the usual extensions to
> test for current compat state and to sort out some gremlins.

maybe we should have some basic extensions which we test always? ;)

> There will always be bugs. Currently, I do not really fear the
> namespacing anymore (it works amazingly well), but more the state of the
> other big core internal changes like especially FAL, the em and the lang
> handling module ... So you're right, there are plenty of things to do,
> we're lacking manpower, need patches, tests and good reviews.

at least 6.0 really earned the major change version

> There are thousands of positive arguments, I take the new em as example:

i know the old EM too, yeah I fully understand all the changes.

> XCLASSING with namespaces works, take a look at dbal's ext_autoload and
> the according classes and their namespaces.

will take a look at that

> I'm glad you're back! We really missed you and your happy clean patches
> the last weeks.

thanks!

> This is for all developers and especially our experienced core team
> members: We need you *now*! Every single patch that fixes a glitch and
> is merged for 6.0 will make your life easier for 6.0, please help with
> reviews and tests :)

spread the word!

georg