[TYPO3-core] Question about new LocalConfiguration file and extension list

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Wed Sep 5 12:42:39 CEST 2012

Hey,

On 09/04/2012 04:50 PM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> On 4-9-2012 9:08, François Suter wrote:
>> The new LocalConfiguration.php file has both an "extList" and an
>> "extListArray". Why do we need that?
>
> It was done for better backwards compatibility. I can't remember if
> actual cases were found, but code which checks extList for the presence
> of an extension will still work this way.

Yes. extList is there for compatibility reasons. The first patches
removed it, or substituted it with the new array presentation, but
extensions like phpunit (who directly do something with extList) threw
warnings then and didn't work anymore.
Therefore, we decided to keep extList, and add extListArray. extList is
not used in the core anymore, though.
So: It should be ok to manipulate extListArray only, ignoring extList.

It might also be a solution to only write extListArray, and add extList
transparently to the globals array during bootstrap and mark the
according code as deprecated.

Regards
Christian