[TYPO3-core] Translation 'en' missing

Daniel Alder dalder at snowflake.ch
Tue Oct 30 17:55:59 CET 2012

Am 30.10.2012 12:58, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Hi!
>
> Daniel Alder wrote:
>> I want to discuss this behavior with you.
>> I've still added it in forge as an issue:
>> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/42084
>>
>> Short Description:
>> Since typo3 4.6 the translation 'en' is missing, instead the
>> 'placeholder' 'default' is getting a 'real' translation.
>
> Wasn't it always missing? "default"="en" in TYPO3. For example, in TYPO3
> 4.5 the list of available localizations is:
>
> define('TYPO3_languages',
> 'default|dk|de|no|it|fr|es|nl|cz|pl|si|fi|tr|se|pt|ru|ro|ch|sk|lt|is|hr|hu|gl|th|gr|hk|eu|bg|br|et|ar|he|ua|lv|jp|vn|ca|ba|kr|eo|m
>     y|hi|fo|fa|sr|sq|ge|ga|km|qc');
>
> "default" is supposed to exist in extensions, all other languages come
> from translation server. This is how the architecture was designed.

Typo3 4.7:
Extensions (tslib_pibase->pi_loadLL) are using the readLLfile-function
to load your locallangs. On the other hand the readLLfile is using the
getParsedData-function from t3lib_l10n_Factory-class. So every extension
who's trying to get the language 'en' will be set to 'default'.

Typo3 4.5:
Extensions are using the readLLfile-function just like 4.7. Since the
t3lib_l10n_Factory-class was introduced in 4.6 typo3 4.5 was calling the
function readLLXMLfile instead. there was never been set the language
'en' to 'default'.

so you were able to translate a community extension to english=> 'en'
(typo3conf/l10n) without touching the extensions source.

and that's what I think is not possible anymore.