[TYPO3-core] CGL proposal: Include PSR-1 Side Effects-Rule

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Oct 22 15:54:49 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 22-10-2012 15:14, Andy Grunwald [wmdb] wrote:
> Do you think this rule seems useful in case of reusable code?

If a piece of code is reusable, I'm sure that all devs will put it in a
place without executable "side effects".
If a piece of code is reusable, it will most likely be put in a more
general place (core, be, fe modules) and not hidden deep down inside a
sysext which might be uninstalled by an admin.

This rule seems rather academic to me. Reusable should live in a place
where it can be reused. Files with side effects will be used if they
make sense in that particular situation. Having to create exceptions in
a code sniffer is an extra burden.

-1

--
Jigal van Hemert