[TYPO3-core] Is there a FAL "migration" guide for extensions?

Tolleiv Nietsch tolleiv.nietsch at typo3.org
Mon Oct 22 10:44:04 CEST 2012

Hi,

as "promised" - here are the few things I think which should be covered
in the developers section of the tbw manual:

* Which API should be used when the developer is presented with a
reference like this: "file:42" // That's possible through the "file"
mode in the link wizard.

* Which one when the reference looks like this:
"23:/default/folder/bar.foo" // That's e.g. possible in the context
menus in the media module.

* How can a remote file be used, to read or write content, from within
an extension. (Pointing to FileInterface::getForLocalProcessing.)

* How should the TCA look like for a field which is supposed to use FAL.

* How should old file (a.k.a typolink which "file" limit) fields be
migrated.

Of course developers will be able to figure that out themselves from the
code within the Core, but actually I think that's really what the
documentation should cover to make sure nobody draws wrong conclusions.

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--
Tolleiv Nietsch