[TYPO3-core] CGL proposal: Include PSR-1 Side Effects-Rule

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Sun Oct 21 00:14:54 CEST 2012

On 10/20/2012 11:39 PM, Andy Grunwald [wmdb] wrote:

> currently, we (the PHP_CodeSniffer-Team [1]) evaluating [2] the PSR-1
> standard of the PHP Framework Interoperability Group (PHP-FIG) [3] for
> TYPO3v4.
>
> This standard creates a recommendation about PHP files which contains
> Classes / Interfaces / Functions / Constants AND executable code like
> (ini_set, ...). This recommendation is called "Side Effects".

[...]

> Now my proposal:
> Lets include this rule!
> With this rule, most of our files are more reusable without side effects
> (oh you got the reason for the name :)).
> Further more in my opinion isn`t it wrong to adapt a standard.

Hi Andy,

since I assume your team already tried running such a check against
current masters of CMS and Flow, do you have example-output showing
which files/cases this would affect? Or another way round: Are we almost
up to that standard or what might be the cases which would need work. I
think then we can see how (easily) those cases are possible to solve and
if we see a benefit or "just more pain".

Kind regards,
 Stefan