[TYPO3-core] CGL violations "unused parameters"

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri Oct 19 23:57:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

> can someone please tell me if i can fix those CGL violations just by
> deleting the unused parameters? or are those unused parameters there on
> purpose?
>
> http://bit.ly/S3gEsS
>
> according to sonat in total there are 400+ unused parameters in core. i
> could fix that but am not sure if there were some pitfalls...
>
> https://metrics.typo3.org/drilldown/violations/2

Just an example which is typically plainly wrong:

https://metrics.typo3.org/resource/index/org.typo3:typo3-v4-core:typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Database/DatabaseConnection.php?tab=violations&metric=&period=&period=&rule=1583

fullQuoteStr() has a second unused parameter which is of high value for
DBAL where the XCLASS method *is* using it.

This lets me say that this metric simply cannot be trusted.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6