[TYPO3-core] Creating aliases with the "use" operator

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Tue Oct 16 12:16:25 CEST 2012

Hi Steffen,

Am 12.10.12 21:24, schrieb Steffen Müller:

> Using namespaces in core is nice, but sometimes makes the code hard to read.
>
> For example in Logging API we make use of \TYPO3\CMS\Core\Log a lot of
> times, e.g.
>
> public function debug($message, array $data = array()) {
>    return $this->log(\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Log\LogLevel::DEBUG, $message, $data);
> }
>
> I'd suggest to make us of aliasing:

That totally makes sense.

We're missing some best practice advices of how to alias what and when.
I did some minor cleanup in that regard lately, when I was working in
certain areas anyway.

It would of course also make sense to clean everything up in that
regard, but I would not like to have a high priority on that task, at
least not at the moment, as we have much more important open issues
currently. And as mentioned above, before we clean up we need to settle
at least some advice what to do, so that things do not have to be
cleaned up multiple times.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--