[TYPO3-core] Submitting a patch for sysext/workspaces in stable branches

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Oct 16 10:55:44 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I need to submit a patch for the workspaces extensions for stable
branches. I'm a bit lost, because the workspaces Git repository does not
have the same references as the Core.

I created a local branch for preparing my patch using:

git checkout -b issue31996 origin/workspaces_4-7

I'm now ready to push it, but I don't know what to use where we
generally put "HEAD:refs/for/...".

I tried things like:

git push origin origin/workspaces_4-7
git push origin HEAD:origin/workspaces_4-7

but the push failed with messages like:

! [remote rejected] origin/workspaces_4-7 -> origin/workspaces_4-7
(prohibited by Gerrit)

How should I do it properly?

Thanks in advance for the help.

--