[TYPO3-core] Is there a FAL "migration" guide for extensions?

Tolleiv Nietsch tolleiv.nietsch at typo3.org
Sat Oct 13 21:42:38 CEST 2012

Hi,

as I currently try to get TemplaVoila somehow 6.0 "ready" I found that
every extension with file related functionality (and some Core
interaction) might need some kind of migration guide.

Explaining how to use the new API, how to deal with remote file, how to
deal with local ones, how to reference files properly, how to migrate
these references,...

What I was able to find was [1] - which contains what the migration
wizards will do - but doesn't explain what extension developers should
do. So do we have any further information on that somewhere?

Cheers,
Tolleiv

[1] -
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-fileabstractionlayer/wiki/Migration