[TYPO3-core] Backporting to maintenance branches

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 10 19:40:49 CEST 2012

Lorenz Ulrich schrieb am 10.10.2012 19:30:

> As far as I remember someone wanted to do that (was it Steffen Gebert)
> and finally decided against because people didn't show interest in
> having such a portal.

The idea was presented 1.11.2011 in the thread "Central place for
development tools".

> But I still think it would be a good idea.

The question remains, which "tools" would be placed there? This has to
be coordinated with the team that is actually working on "harmonizing"
the "typo3.org and friends" web pages. The new site and tools probably
have to "fit in" the concept. tools.typo3.org or devel.typo3.org or
something would be nice, but it makes no sense to have it only to host
the "merged into core" status info. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto