[TYPO3-core] Backporting to maintenance branches

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 10 19:18:19 CEST 2012

Philipp Gampe schrieb am 10.10.2012 18:56:
> Hi Ernesto,
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>
>> Any suggestion?
>
> At the CI code sprint in Linz, we talked about putting the URL at the footer
> of gerrit. I do not know the current status of this.
> Keep in mind, that other projects beside core need to have their own
> overview.

This is already configurable, but needs manual "care" because you need
to configure which branches represent which releases etc. This is being
already used for core and some of its submodules and the FLOW3. See the
overview here:

http://www.typo3-anbieter.de/typo3-merges/

I doubt that *current* other projects require this kind of scheme,
because no extension that I know of even provide separate releases with
backported bugfixes.

An URL at the bottom of Gerrit would be a good place to link. Also of
course on the relevant Forge Project Wiki's.

What I also would find very cool is if we could integrate the
information about a specific issue right at the issue page in Forge. So
at one glance, by looking at a forge issue I could figure out:

- is this already integrated in the core?
- in which exact release(s) this was integrated?
- is the fix already backported? pending? are reviews open?

To integrate that I could imagine integrating a single IFRAME with
certain parameters (i.e. http://forge.typo3.org/issue-status/12345.html)
which would output that exact informations (a single "row" from the
"merged-into-core" table). The /issue-status/ could be simply a
directory containing all the issue .html, generated by my merged-script.

Cheers,
Ernesto