[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at typo3.org
Tue Oct 9 10:35:26 CEST 2012

Hi Benni et al,

Benjamin Mack schrieb am 06.10.12 16:05:
> To all the contributors out there,
> Olly, Michi, Helmut and me sat together during the T3CON and thought
> about the next releases, after taking all the input from the community
> we got from the last weeks and months. We made the following proposal
> that we think fits best. BUT we want and need your feedback so we can
> fine-tune and modify this proposal. Once we have a consensus I'd like to
> publish a news article in the next weeks, and put up these points on the
> Roadmap page of TYPO3.org so people know what they can expect.
>

> We want to make the following suggestion:
>
> [...]

I think your sketch of the roadmap and your arguments fit quite well to
what we currently can expect of the future developments for the next 12
- 24 months.

There might be a demand for adjustments of or additions to the roadmap
caused by facts we can't foresee (maybe rather assume) yet. IMO
predictions about how the introduction of Neos and possible issues with
upgrading to 6.0 might impact people's and our needs can't be made as of
now. So don't interpret the roadmap as carved in stone: it defines our
current aims but it's subject to changes if circumstances differ too
much from our expectations.

Cheers,
Thorsten

--