[TYPO3-core] Official information about the upcoming LTS version

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Mon Oct 1 13:54:49 CEST 2012

Hi guys,

Am 21.09.2012 00:45, schrieb Michael Stucki:
> Hi Tolleiv,
>> Anyways - I just made a small "survey" among the AOE project managers
>> and they confirmed that "LTS" is at least important to sell the
>> software. Even clients who didn't receive "LTS" in the end, used the
>> existence of it to convince themselves to use TYPO3. From what I see (in
>> our company), it doesn't seem many of our projects sticking with LTS in
>> the end, I'd say that's mainly due to the fact that upgrades are quite
>> easy. Would be interesting to hear from other agencies.
>
> Very good initiative! I asked the same here and will post the result
> later...

Same result: LTS is an important argument for sales, even if we're
recently using newer versions most of the time (but that is mainly
because they are supported for almost the same time as 4.5 LTS).

Another LTS is definitely welcome, in fact people seem to expect there
will be another one. (Although I must admit that I am also raising this
expectation by repeating the advantages of having an LTS...)

- michael
--
Michael Stucki
TYPO3 Core Team member