[TYPO3-core] Remove / Cleanup sub-projects of Core

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Nov 30 12:22:02 CET 2012

Hey,

On 11/30/2012 11:15 AM, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> 1) Keep these as is:
>
> * DBAL
> * Extbase MVC Framework
> * Linkvalidator
> * Team Resources
> * Workspaces & Versioning

Some of these teams are also more or less dead and it might be easier to
re-integrate those to core git again, removing the submodule. For
example I talked with Marco Bresch from the workspace team about that
(needs coordination with them), and dbal and linkvalidator might be good
candidates, too.

> 2) Move project to "Community Extensions":
> * Advanced Frontend Editing

+1

> 3) Remove:
>
> by moving Issues to Core (creating new corresponding categories),
> removing the obsolete repositories to avoid confusion (have been both
> integrated as sysext directly into the core years ago already):
>
> * Scheduler = Francois, what do you think?
> * t3editor = Tobi, what do you think?

+1, we should also take a look at the TYPO3 6.0 Projects: eg. the
extension manager tracker (and project) could be removed and
re-integrated to core. Same for fal and bootstrap refactoring, and
jquery might be moved as 6.1 project?

Regards
Christian