[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Alexander Hahn ringedingdong at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 10:59:12 CET 2012

On 2012-11-13 12:06:34 +0000, Dmitry Dulepov said:

> Hi!
>
> Alexander Hahn wrote:
>> But what I miss is a roadmap for features. Maybe this is the wrong
>> place? But where do you collect ideas for features and where do you
>> decide which are coming to the next release?
>
> It is quite random :) Usually there are some major features, that T3A
> sponsors. They get into TYPO3 in time. Other features are planned but
> they are subject to availability and interest of the people, who are
> responsible for them. Sometimes they are fulfilled, sometimes dropped,
> sometimes delayed. Often new features jump in because other people
> offer them to the TYPO3 release manager and (s)he accepts.
>
> You can also look here: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4 Some
> projects for different releases are listed there.

That's how I thought about it. I think we need something like
https://getsatisfaction.com/.

Wouldn't a list of features people want or need be nice? Maybe more
people would start developing them. Now there is a huge barrier for new
people (developer, designer, webdesigner) to start something or even to
know they could start something on their own.

Our company has more than 60 people and we visited our first TYPO3
event last weekend (TYPO3Camp RheinRuhr). We build TYPO3 websites since
4.1 and we have our own extensions. But no one knew/knows how to add a
feature on their own and so they don't.
And I don't think we are the only people/potential contributors who don't know.

Alex