[TYPO3-core] New logo in old branches. Revert?

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Sat Nov 10 22:47:55 CET 2012

Hi everybody,

Am 09.11.12 00:10, schrieb Helmut Hummel:
> Hi,
>
> I just had a chat with Lars Zimmermann from the UI/UX Team.
> He asked me why the new TYPO3 logo has been commited to old branches
> (even 4.5) and I did not have an answer to that.
>
> We somehow replaced the CI in *patchlevel* releases.
> I agree with Lars, that this is a wrong signal.
>
> The logo change is in line with the decision to rename TYPO3 to TYPO3
> CMS and release a new major version 6.0. Thus it would make sense that
> only 6.0 has the new logo to also visualize this change.
>
> It would be one additional (small) part to make 6.0 differ visually and
> representing the decisions that have been taken.
>
> Unfortunately already two patchlevel releases (4.5, 4.6, 4.7) have ben
> done, but nevertheless I think we should revert the logo change in these
> branches.

As already summarized by Helmut, the new logo will be kept. True, the
new logos show a new "era of TYPO3", but it also shows that TYPO3 is
vital and actively developed and maintained.

Thus, I'm personally all for keeping the new logos in the current stable
branches which are TYPO3 CMS 4.5 LTS, 4.6 and 4.7 (and 6.0 as well as
the next major release - of course).

Cheers,
Olly
--