[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 11:03:33 CET 2012

Hi!

Philipp Gampe wrote:
> So you already lost about two month before the actual coding work gets up to
> speed. With a six month release cycle and a feature freeze of two to three
> month, you end up with about 1-2 month of actual coding.
> This is just not enough to get big features done-done.

Well, when I worked in one company, which had good standing on the mobile
market at that time, we had a six month cycle and we had 2-4 weeks for
actual coding. Actually, we finished earlier because when we started
coding, we already knew every line of code out of our heads. It was so well
planned, reviewed and discussed for 3 months before that actual coding was
not development, it really was plain dull coding. And we had very few bugs
with this approach. This is was server software, which was sold to telecoms
for many thousands euro.

Sadly this way of "coding" is rarely used. It was the most effective way of
developing software in my life.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Simplicity will save the world.