[TYPO3-core] t3lib_utility_Mail::mail() not using SwiftMailer?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue May 29 11:30:41 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I just noticed that t3lib_utility_Mail::mail() does not use SwiftMailer,
but calls PHP's mail() instead. Is that intentional? If yes, what is the
rationale?

I find this rather embarrassing as I was testing something in
workspaces/version and was counting on intercepting the mails by
changing my transport to "mbox", which proved to be impossible in this
case because the stage change notification relies on
t3lib_div::plainMailEncoded() which itself calls t3lib_utility_Mail::mail().

Is there any reason not to use the SwiftMailer API in this case? And in
general any reason not to use it throughout the whole Core?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter