[TYPO3-core] Change-Id, cherry-pick and branches

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Fri May 25 22:02:27 CEST 2012

Hi.

More or less by accident I discovered today that the version of Gerrit we currently use no longer uses global Change-Ids but treats them per branch.

That means that when cherry-picking to branches you no longer need to create a new Change-Id, allowing for great overview of changes going to multiple branches. An example is https://review.typo3.org/#/q/I3f733f96dc28a29f569116f3f68d20c9d70aa027,n,z

Thought this might be if interest! :)

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Core Developer, FLOW3 / Phoenix Team

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org