[TYPO3-core] Alert before leaving unsaved changes

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at typo3.org
Thu May 24 15:09:35 CEST 2012

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Ritter schrieb am 24.05.12 14:48:
> TYPO3 is OpenSource - if you feel such feature is desperately needed,
> feel free to implement it - or pay someone todo so.
>
> Requesting things is not a way OpenSource projects work.

I think you're a bit short-spoken today ;) so I'll try to explain in a
few more words:

Requesting features / bug fixes / changes in general is absolutely valid.

Insisting that somebody (else) "has to" do that, demading a feature as
"required", "absolutely necessary", whatever, ... is not a way to help
on Open Source projects.

Cheers,
Thorsten

PS: "pay someone to do so" isn't exactly my understanding of
"community-driven" - but that's a different story.

--
Thorsten Kahler
TYPO3 v4 Core Team member

TYPO3 ... inspiring people to share!