[TYPO3-core] Reanimation of the TYPO3 bug day

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Thu May 10 00:01:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

I never managed to join these meetings. It never worked out for me to a)
convince my company that these virtual sessions bring value and b)
working on TYPO3-Core stuff while my project team does their stuff was
always too distracting.

Therefore I really prefer Coresprints over bug days.

Some kind of "Codesprint plan" for 6.0 with dates and stuff is therefore
also somethings I'm very much looking forward to.

To make new Bug days better imho you've to:
1) promote them every month over and over and over again
2) make sure a minimal amount of coredevs is always around
3) priorize and maybe categorize issues
4) setup some kind of bug day "topic" to make sure people are able to
work on similar things and motivate each other with their interaction on
that topic
5) visualize progress and results to promote future events

What I really don't like is too much "fame" stuff - giving badges to
people is fine, but giving them presents is imho too much.

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--
http://twitter.com/tolleiv - http://blog.tolleiv.de