[TYPO3-core] Failing unit test with german umlauts

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue May 8 13:02:17 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 8-5-2012 11:19, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> On 05/08/2012 10:50 AM, Markus Klein wrote:
>> Everything works fine except one testcase:
>> Filenames are correctly validated with data set "filename with german
>> umlauts"
>> File:
>> /var/www/html/typo3_src_git/tests/Unit/t3lib/file/Driver/AbstractDriverTest.php
>>

> Runs fine on my laptop but fails on my server instance. Did not
> investigate further, yet.

I noticed a few "basename()" calls in FAL. These calls are locale aware
and can cause problems with UTF-8 file systems and non-UTF8 locales.

For other issues we also need a function to temporarily switch to and
from the system locale (which can be set in the Install Tool for some
time already).
We need this functionality all over the core and in extensions. What is
a good place for such a function? t3lib_div is a bit too easy :-)

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!