[TYPO3-core] Call for help: Migrate core extensions to extbase

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sun May 6 18:23:38 CEST 2012

Hey,

On 05/04/2012 11:50 PM, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> * The viewpage module has a DocHeader layout in it's own extension
> folder. Would be good to have a global layout folder for all backend
> modules to reduce duplicate fluid templates.

Mmmh, yes. A generic docheader layout could probably be added to fluid.
Actually, I'm unsure if it is possible to render a layout from a
different extension (just change layoutRootPath?) Who knows / wants to
find out?

> * Get rid of t3lib_div::_GP('id') calls in the controller. In extbase we
> have a request object we should use. If the request namespace should be
> a problem, we need a solution for that.

Yes, possible improvement, shouldn't be too hard. Anyone wants to do that?

> * Backend modules need to take care of a lot of security stuff.
> Permissions, access checks, CSRF protection etc. We should introduce the
> needed security layer(s) with a solid API and put in a good place (maybe
> extbase).

Afaik the access checks are already done (user,group,admin like for
'old' modules). The CSRF issue is generic and is an issue for extbase.
We should talk about this one.

> * We should definitely get rid of creating URLs by concatenating
> strings; that's a pain. The UriBuilder must work for backend URLs. By
> using the UriBuilder we could e.g. easily handle adding the CSRF
> protection token on a central place.

I'm unsure on how well the UriBuilder currently works in BE scope,
especially for things like the viewpage extension. Who wants to find out?

Regards
Christian