[TYPO3-core] Gridelements in the core?

Patrick Broens patrick.broens at typo3.org
Tue May 1 12:03:21 CEST 2012

Hi,

> Why would you like to see this in the core and not automaketemplate,
> TemplaVoilà, or many others? (Just trying to understand the arguments
> pro and con)

You don't need automaketemplate to get something running. The basic
functionality is in the core, although automaketemplate makes life a bit
easier.

Templavoila is based on single field XML storage, which is a no-go for
me. However, the idea for having FCE possibility in the core would be great.

As for grid elements; HTML5 changed the way we have to look at the
output, for instance the semantics. In HTML5 they introduced grouping
elements, and to use this properly, only with core without extensions,
is not possible. For future websites we need to take this in mind. I'm
not for the full integration of grid elements, only the basics. A CMS
which claims to output HTML5 properly should take the grouping elements
into account as well, not provided by extensions. Otherwise we should
not claim the core can do this.

Just my two cents

--
Patrick Broens