[TYPO3-core] Better usage of votes on Forge

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Mar 21 09:31:09 CET 2012

Hi,

On 21-3-2012 0:57, Tolleiv Nietsch wrote:
> @Francois - nice idea but to be honest this needs a lot of education on
> the users and the core-devs site and I wonder how this could be achieved
> easily. I doubt that a simple news article will help very much.

A news article won't be the final solution. We all need to help:
- if someone asks about a certain problem and there is already a bug
report for it, besides pointing to the issue in the bugtracker we need
to encourage people to vote
- the Core Team leaders/Release Team can publish lists with the most
voted issues from time to time; this will both raise awareness and
suggest which bugs to look into if someone wants to fix "something"

Maybe a sponsor can offer some kind of reward for the person who fixes a
top-X issue? Other forms of bug auctions for top-X issues from time to time?

It's a larger process to make votes useful, but having the queries and
spreading the word is the first step.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 v4 Core Team member