[TYPO3-core] Better usage of votes on Forge

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 16 08:36:07 CET 2012

Hi all,

For a while we've had the voting feature on Forge. However I don't think
we're taking full advantage of it. First of all it wasn't really
advertised, and then it's not straightforward to use the vote results,
since you first have to add the column to the issues view and then sort
be descending vote count (to have the most voted for issues on top).

For the TYPO3 Core I think it would be good if we had saved queries for
this, so that people could easily refer to the issue with the most
popular demand. I checked this out yesterday, but I don't have enough
rights to save queries.

I would suggest to have 2 different queries, one for bugs and one for
features (major or not) requests. The links to the queries could be
posted to a variety of visible places or regularly reminded. This would
be a first step in answering to the clamor for more democracy that we
heard recently. It would also help us, the Core Team, identify the bugs
that are most annoying to uses, or the features that seem the most
wanted (no guarantee that we would implement them, though).

What do you think?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter