[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 4.5, IE9 and ExtJS

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 8 07:29:17 CET 2012

Hi Stan,

On 7-3-2012 22:44, Stanislas Rolland wrote:
> You're right. When using IE8 standards, the backend does work. So the
> problem arises only when IE9 standards is forced.

And forcing that is an action the user can only do deliberately (using
the IE developer tools). I think we can safely ignore these "problems".

> Another issue is when the RTE is used in the frontend. If the page is in
> IE9 standards mode, the RTE is broken due to ExtJS 3.3. Do you think
> that forcing IE8 standards on the containing page would be acceptable?

It would be an acceptable solution. Upgrading ExtJS could easily have
other side effects. Can the RTE force the IE-8 mode or do we need to
document it somewhere that it should be done by the site builder.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.