[TYPO3-core] Thinking about a lightweight backend - what do you think?

Tobias Liegl tliegl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 09:06:20 CET 2012

Hi Thomas,

> for some weeks now i think about the idea of a lightweight TYPO3 backend
> for many reasons.

What about Frontend-Editing? Our customers normally have problems (not
really big problems, but they exist) to connect the frontend output with
the backend interface. Frontend-Editing would be a big help in this
case, as the editors directly see, where they do their editing.

So I would vote for optimizing the Frontend-Editing (maybe adapt
concepts from Phoenix?) and against creating another backend.

Just my 2 cents.

Tobi