[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 11th meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Mon Mar 5 17:39:09 CET 2012

> ==========================
> = TYPO3 4.5 // TYPO3 4.6 =
> ==========================
>
>   Patch-Level Releases
> --------------------------
>
> * There are currently about 40 - 50 merged bugfixes for TYPO3 4.5 and
> TYPO3 4.6 each. For TYPO3 4.4 there are only 4 bugfixes merged.
> We decided to *release new versions of 4.5 and 4.6 on Tuesday, March 6th
> 2012*.

Why are you announcing such things one day before the release??
Why not giving the Core Devs some more days - after the 6.0 rumors have calmed down - and take these [1] bugs into account?

[1] https://review.typo3.org/#/q/status:open+project:%2522TYPO3v4/Core%2522+branch:TYPO3_4-5+CodeReview%253E%253D1+Verified%253E%253D1+-Verified%253C%253D-1+-CodeReview%253C%253D-1,n,z

> Since the "TYPO3 6.0" topic removes the barrier of integrating new
> features and breaking changes, we discussed the demand of a
> well-prepared strategy in terms of a roadmap from 4.7 via 6.0 to 7.0 and
> maybe even further. We are going to communicate and discuss the strategy
> (as a suggestion) during the next TYPO3 events, like the Developer Days,
> TYPO3 Camps and individual User Group Meetings to get as much feedback
> as possible - thus, we prepare the resources/slides/information that can
> be used to spread the idea and vision...

You're just about to exclude everybody not able to come to those events. Either because of lack of time or just because of not getting a ticket for T3DD (See the nice waiting list)
Please use a public website or public blog for suggesting and presenting such things.
(And please avoid any private blogs or project specific webpages. Listen to the people complaining about transparency in [2])

[2] http://buzz.typo3.org/people/xavier-perseguers/article/typo3-60-at-the-corner-how-is-it-possible/

Regards
Markus