[TYPO3-core] Deliver unit tests in the packaged sources?

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Wed Jun 27 12:27:59 CEST 2012

[Helmut Hummel] wrote & schrieb:

>Hi,
>
>I don't see a reason why the unit tests are excluded from the packaged
>sources. Doing so would enable people who downloaded the tests to
>execute them in their environment.
>
>What do you think?

+2

- download size isn't really problem

- the tests are a quite instructive source of information. A cool
thing for the many "intermediate" integrators that are not DAUs but
aren't core developers either.

- seeing the tests will incourage people to think about unit tests for
themselves as they start writing extensions

- when you start with in existing site you could easily check if the
"green bar feeling" is still given

- its much easier to remove superflous tests than to add missing ones

[DAU = dümmster anzunehmender User; in English: "Most stupid user to
assume"?]

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de