[TYPO3-core] Typoscript bug?

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Tue Jun 26 15:49:52 CEST 2012

On 06/26/2012 02:52 PM, Robert Wildling wrote:
> Hi, Philipp,
>
> Thanks for your response!
> I have a seperate SysFolder for the Typoscripts, one of which is called
> menues, another one pages (among others).
>
> This is the Menu-TS:

[...]
> [globalVar = TSFE:id=1]
> page.10.template.file = {$template_startsite}
> [global]
>
> page.10 {
> relPathPrefix = {$relPathPrefix}
> workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY
> subparts {
> SEARCH < temp.searchbox
>
> MENU_MAIN < temp.MENU_MAIN
[...]
> }
> }
>
> [...]
>

> /*
> [browser = msie] && [version = <8]
> temp.MENU_MAIN.2.NO.after =
> temp.MENU_MAIN.2.NO.after >
> [globals]
> */

your condition modifies temp.MAIN_MENU long time after it has been
copied(!) to
page.10.subparts.MENU_MAIN

either move your conditional modification before usage or modify the
place where it has been modified
page.10.subparts.MENU_MAIN.2.NO.after =
page.10.subparts.MENU_MAIN.2.NO.after >

my preference:
move the condition just after the definition of temp.MENU_MAIN, so every
usage (copy or reference) will be affected

some NOTES:
all temp.* will be deleted after initial build-up of PHP-array and any
real references will point into nirvana.
for references use lib.* as lib.* will stay.

copy:
page.10.subparts.MENU_MAIN < temp.MENU_MAIN

reference:
page.10.subparts.MENU_MAIN =< lib.MENU_MAIN

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html