[TYPO3-core] Naming of Files and Classes

Steffen Ritter info at steffen-ritter.net
Thu Jun 21 18:08:16 CEST 2012

Hi Benni,

in short: I'd like to cleanup classnames and the one class per file policy.
Even backwords compatibility is possible since PHP supports
class_alias(OLD, NEW) - with that it would even be possible to namespace
new classes and old extensions still could use them.
There even is no real performance impact as it's native php class loader
functionilty.

Moving files around I would love, too - but there I see problems with
"include", "require_once", old XClass and so on.

Tomas Maroschik and I worked on an migrator automatically restructuring
and namespacing current t3lib Classes.
For t3lib this worked quite well automatically - the sysexts are a real
mess...

Back then (DevDays Sursee) we created a empty file just require_once()
the new one and loggedDeprecation to even be compatible with old
"includes". Fot a 6.0 this might be ommitted.

Tom still was working on such a converter, you should connect with him
on the current state.

regards

Steffen