[TYPO3-core] Contribution to TYPO3 v4 :: PHP unit tests (before pushing to gerrit)

Roland most.wanted at gmx.at
Wed Jun 20 18:13:00 CEST 2012

hi christian,

> current master:
> 1721 tests, 2321 assertions, 1 failures, 77 skipped, 0 not implemented,
> 0 errors, 48.49 seconds, 59 MB (61832584 B) memory leaks
>
> The failing test is 'filenamesAreCorrectlyValidated', I didn't had time
> to track it down, yet. I've fixed all other failing tests that where in
> master for me some weeks ago.

cool that you managed to solve (almost) every failures!

> In general, ext:phpunit is the way to go: Either via the backend module,
> or through cli_dispatch.php

thanks for the info.

>> i went to ci.typo3.org and searched for phpunit test results? does
>> jenkins execute the unit tests for TYPO3 v4 at the moment?
>
> Unfortunatly not, yet. I'm still hoping that we finally get this at some
> point in the future. As far as I know, the basic problem is, that
> jenkins must set up a full typo3 environment with db for each run and
> must keep that up to date.

> I keep a close eye on them, but you are right it would be much better if
> jenkins would -1 a patch if more tests fail after the change is applied.

so you phpunit test manually before you merge. ok.

yeah, would be helpful if jenkins could do this.

>> is there something about this toppic in the wiki? i could not find it.
>
> How to write tests can be currently best learned by reading through the
> existing tests. There are also examples for nifty things.

ok. thx.

> The fact that
> patches with unit tests are preferred (especially if they are bugfixes
> that are ported to stable branches) is currently underdocumented in the
> wiki and we should work on that. All in all documentation for both 'unit
> tests for the core' and 'jenkins/metrics and how to work with it' are
> heavily underdocumentated ... help highly appreciated. If you wanna work
> in this area we could kickoff together!

i would like to help, but i am not sure if i have enough knowledge about
all this stuff. what would be your plan? i just read that there will be
a "Quality Assurance/ Continuous Integration (September 20th - 23th)
Sprint". Could this be something for me to start supporting you in this
area?

I am definitly interested in the topic "Quality Assurance/ Continuous
Integration" and would like to help.

what do you think?

kind regards.

roland