[TYPO3-core] Contribution to TYPO3 v4 :: PHP unit tests (before pushing to gerrit)

Andy Grunwald [wmdb] andy_grunwald at arcor.de
Tue Jun 19 22:36:19 CEST 2012

Am 14.06.2012 20:38, schrieb Christian Kuhn:

> Furthermore, I personally do not really like that tests are not packaged
> and not included in the downloads, but only in git.

What is the reason for it?
Is there a discussion about this?
Or is it recommend to open a new discussion about this? If yes, i will do.

> All in all documentation for both 'unit
> tests for the core' and 'jenkins/metrics and how to work with it' are
> heavily underdocumentated ... help highly appreciated. If you wanna work
> in this area we could kickoff together!

This problem is on my list.
I`m working on a part of this jenkins stuff (PHP_CodeSniffer) with
Stefano Kowalke and Christian Trabold. Out work is bundled in the
"Quality Assurance Team" [1].
I organized a own buzz section for our team [2]. The plans are to
publish articles about QA, Quality improvement and document stuff for
existing systems (Jenkins, Metrics, Codesniffer, etc.) with an big eye
on TYPO3.
If someone has special topics what about he want to know more to
contribute or has fun to write own article, just contact me via email:
andygrunwald [at] gmail [dot] com.

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-php_codesniffer
[2] http://buzz.typo3.org/teams/qualityassurance/