[TYPO3-core] Adding visibility to methods and variables within t3lib_tcemain?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Jun 15 13:46:02 CEST 2012

Hi Tolleiv,

> What I understood from your mails is that the way I proposed is
> obviously the wrong one, because most people preferred the "regular"
> deprecation cycle for these changes. Although there's no technical
> solution which everyone agreed on, everything which appears to be public
> now, should not be turned to be protected without deprecation.

Personally I'm not against your solution, I just proposed an
alternative, but it seems like it was not a good idea from the little
feedback that I've got.

I'm fine with taking the risk to break compatibility, since I suppose
6.0 will cause others problems anyway, like with FAL and photo gallery
extensions (maybe I'm wrong, I haven't followed what upgrade path FAL
proposes). And I'm really more worried about visibility of properties
than visibility of methods. If I look at my own extensions, the change
of method visibility would be fine, but I often refer to properties
directly due to the total lack of getters and setters.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter