[TYPO3-core] Adding visibility to methods and variables within t3lib_tcemain?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Jun 14 21:34:55 CEST 2012

Hey,

>> The best way (but with possibly quite some overhead) would be to
>> *deprecate* public access to methods that we want to become protected.
>> This way we can then actually really "break things" in 6.2 and this lets
>> us find solution or change our mind if one method really needs to be
>> kept public.
>
> That leads to lots of wrapper methods and will work (extract code part
> to protected method, deprecate old method and call the protected one).
> Problems:
> - It uglifies code at least for some time.
> - Proper naming might be funny, too.
> - All usages in the according core code must then be reworked to the new
> (protected) method.
> - It is a lot of work if we do this for significant parts of the core code.

I thought of something slightly more clever and never even thought of
duplicating code! By "overhead" I thought of looking in the stack trace
for instance for the caller class...

Duplicating code with underscore naming or similar is NOT the solution
anyway.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6