[TYPO3-core] Adding visibility to methods and variables within t3lib_tcemain?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Jun 14 21:18:58 CEST 2012

Hey,

> Currently, I'm still undecided if we can realistically take this path, I
> hope we get real opinions from more devs in this area! I tend to think
> that we can reduce visibility for 6.0, but I also fear a shit storm if
> we do not manage to do it in a sane way.

The best way (but with possibly quite some overhead) would be to
*deprecate* public access to methods that we want to become protected.
This way we can then actually really "break things" in 6.2 and this lets
us find solution or change our mind if one method really needs to be
kept public.

Perhaps we could find some clever way of doing so for members as well
but I doubt it.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers