[TYPO3-core] Refactor sys_notes

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 16:57:23 CEST 2012

> Am 11.06.2012 16:05, schrieb Søren Malling:
>> May I suggest that we hide the sys_notes table from the list view as it
>> now just serves as a double effect?
>
> i thought about that as well but then e.g. you could not copy/paste/sort
> those records anymore.

Would you ever need to copy you note from one page to another, so badly
that you can' copy/paste the message?

> maybe manual with the tsconfig way to hide the records would be better?

You mean adding a default TSCONFIG, hiding the table, so a admin can
make it visible again? That would make great sense, instead of
hardcoding it in the TCA table.

Or we could make a switch in the extension manager?

> to your other question: author is not really the one who is logged in as
> you can see also other's notes or are you talking about those private
> notes? yeah that would make perfectly sense.

The author behind the created note will always be the person logged in,
right? What I wan't to, is to automaticly save the be_user and still
display the name of the author - but remove the "Author" and "Email"
field from the TCA.

BTW, if a note is personal, shoudn't it have a different look? Maybe a
"locked"-icon or something?

Nice work on the sys_note UI - makes it a nice tool!

Søren