[TYPO3-core] Custom TER and mirror

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Wed Jun 6 09:59:32 CEST 2012

Hi!

On 06.06.12 09:49, Xavier Perseguers wrote:

> Having an own TER for
> your agency is already possible but quite complicated (this should be
> better documented)

Yes, that would be nice to have more documentation on this topic.

> and is really unclear wether having your own TER (to
> easily roll out update your extensions on the customer's websites) will
> prevent you from easily accessing the official TER mirrors as you
> basically can choose 1 mirror.

I'm not sure how useful a custom TER would be. I assume only bigger
agencies would use one and these agencies would have a deployment system
based on a VCS anyway.

> Moreover, with Pootle we finally have a clever way of managing
> translations without having to include all translated files within the
> extension itself. And installing one's own translation server is really
> straightforward and let us give access to translating our own custom
> extension the same way it's done on the official TYPO3 translation
> server.

Having the possibility to access different translation servers for
different extensions I consider to be very useful.

My idea is to have some kind of registry which stores URLs to a
translation server for each extension (with a fallback to a default
one). It should also be possible to mark certain extension to not have
any translations so that no translation server is accessed for these.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel