[TYPO3-core] New LocalConfiguration.php (2) - Some Thougts

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Jul 31 19:58:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 31-7-2012 16:01, Stefan Geith wrote:
> When looking at my newly converted LocalConfiguration.php,
> I can see, that there are still (as in localconf.php) mixed
> server-dependent and site-dependent settings.

Which are the really server-dependent and which are the site-dependent
settings?

> Maybe it would make sense to spit LocalConfiguration.php
> to two files:
> (1) One containing server-dependent information like
>      e.g. DB-Connection,
>           filesystem-settings (createGroup etc.)
>           IM-Verisons and Settings
> (2) and the other containing site-dependent information
>      e.g. all ext-settings
>           FE-, SYS-Settings
>
> This would be useful e.g. when copying form a dev-site
> to the live-site, because site-dependent settings could be untouched
> and you would only have to change the server-dependent localconf.

If you move a site from a dev to a live (or test) server you might need
to change any of the settings. That's why you can have those in a file
called typo3conf/AdditionalConfiguration.php
This is loaded after the LocalConfiguration.php and you can use it to
override any setting.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member